Experience the good old Japan
Okuizumo town is located in the southeast of Shimane Prefecture. The town sits at the source of the mythological Hii River, and is adjacent to the Tottori and Hiroshima Prefectures.
Okuizumo is the only place in Japan that makes the Iron for Japanese sword. Famous animation film Princess mononoke (mononoke hime) was based on the history of Okuiuzmo area.
In this tour
1. Let’s learn about the Japanese sword and iron making
2. Let’s try sword making
3. Let’s see the demonstration of Trial cutting of Japanese sword
4. Let’s taste the local soul food (Onigiri) lunch box in terraced rice field
5. Let’s find the beauty of the Japanese garden and a Japanese style house
6. Let’s have a cup of Japanese tea with renowned Sakurai family
From April to November every 2nd and 4th Thursdays
Reservation and inquiries
Okuizumo tourism and culture association
- +81 854 54 2260
- Okuizumo Promotion travel division
699 1511, 641-22 Minari Okuizumo town,Nita district, Shimane prefecture